Heart to Care Tanzania is a non-profit organization that provides support for the Bethany Pre and Primary School located in Kisongo, a small village outside of Arusha, Tanzania. Fund-raising for the school began spring of 2017, construction started fall of 2017. The first school building and washrooms were completed that fall, and the doors opened on January 08, 2018, to admit the first 32 students. The second school building was built the spring of 2018. We ended the 2018 school year with 78 children, 11 of them in the first grade, 19 in kindergarten, and 48 in pre-school. These children will grow up in our school that will continue through grade 7. Our Tanzanian government school registration number is EM. 17663.
January 7, 2019 we started our second school year, and have added 54 children so far, with a grand total of 132.
Bethany Pre and Primary School’s mission is to provide a safe and caring educational environment, which aims for excellence in achieving the following goals:
- Provide appropriate educational opportunities, which empower students to achieve their potential.
- Adhere to academic standards and curriculum as set out by the Tanzanian Ministry of Education.
- Contribute to character development, independence, and self-motivation.
- Encourage students to become self-reliant, open-minded, and productive citizens.
- Promote an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Deliver instruction that encourages joy in learning.
- Develop awareness of sustainable development.
- Welcome children from a variety of backgrounds and faiths.
Watch the below video to understand how this mission was not something Bethany, nor her family, looked to find. Emmanuel and Bethany were put together by God, and with the help of family and friends, it has become a reality!
Bethany Husby, Emmanuel Boaz and the Heart to Care Tanzania charity, believe that all children deserve a quality education. The charity is committed to be the steward of the resources entrusted to the organization by its donors, and is transparent in accountability. You can be assured that 100% of your donations will go towards constructing the remaining Kitchen and Community Center building, supporting teacher’s salaries, purchasing school supplies, and providing tuition resources. Heart to Care Tanzania views education as the key to empowering a new generation to have better lives and to foster a more just and sustainable world. We believe that with God all things are possible!
We invite you to join us in supporting this important mission.
Read more about Heart to Care Tanzania’s history in How It Began.
Where are we located in Tanzania?
We welcome people to visit our school!
Click on the map to view details.